Watercolour on paper, 1955
25.4 x 35.5 cm, 10 x 14 in.
Parma Gallery, New York.
Harold Rubin, London, England.
Biography : Robert Blair (1928-2007) was awarded a diploma in architecture of the University of Montreal, he was a part of the movement automatiste of Montreal. And was one of the founder members of the Association of the non-representational artists of Montreal ( 1956-1959 ). W.I.B. Sandberg, director of the Stedelijk museum of Amsterdam was interested particularly in the works of the artist of the beginning of the 60s, relation which ends in Blair’s participation in the exhibition of Spolete, Italy, in 1962. Although the painter’s career was put in night light during the most productive years of its architectural career, Blair never stopped painting.
Paul Emile Borduas at the Salon d’été held at Galerie L’Actuelle, Montreal
August – September, 1955, with a watercolour ( upper right ) by Robert Blair.
- The Rebels,Montreal 1950
- Place des Artists, Montreal 1953
- Chez Tranquille, Montreal 1954
- Association des artistes non-figuratifs de Montreal, Restaurant Helene de Champlain, Montreal 1956
- Arts du Quebec, Musee des Beaux-Arts de Montreal, 1957
- Winnipeg Art Gallery, Winnipeg, 1957
- Assocation des artistes non-figuratifs de Montreal, deuxieme exposition annuelle, Musee des Beaux-Arts de Montreal, 1958
- Association des artistes non-figuratifs de Montreal, troisieme exposition annuelle, Musee des Beaux-Arts de Montreal, 1959
- Galerie Denyse Delrue, Montreal 1962
- Festival des Deux-mondes, Spolete, Italie, 1962
- Galerie du Siecle, Montreal 1962
- Robert Blair and Marcelle Ferron, Gesu, Montreal 1952
- Echourie, Montreal 1954
- Galerie l’Actuelle, Montreal 1956
- Gallery Denyse Delrue, Montreal 1962
- Museum of contemporary Art, Montreal
- Museum of Quebec, Quebec
- Charles Delloye, Paris
- Michel Lortie, Montreal
- Jacques Ferron, Montreal
- Sam Abramovitch, Montreal
- Ecole de Montreal.Situation et tendances, Guy Robert, Montreal 1964, pg 45.
- L art au quebec depuis 1940, Guy Robert, Ottawa 1973, pg. 129.