Oil on canvas, 1962
114.3 x 127 cm, 45 x 50 in.
Private collection, Westmount, QC.
Pierre Gendron 1934. Born in Montreal and studied at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts Montreal under Jacques de Tonnancour and Albert Dumouchel. Exhibited in 1958 at Galerie Haut-Pave in Paris then at Galerie Agnes Lefort Montreal 1959, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and the National Gallery of Canada in 1960.
Gendron’s work is represented in major collections and museums including
- Hart House, University of Toronto
- National Gallery of Canada
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Musee national des beaux-arts du Quebec
- Samuel J. Zacks
- Gilles Corbeil
- Non-Figurative Artists’ Association of Montreal (NFAAM)
- Canadian Biennial exhibitions, National Gallery of Canada ( 1959, 1961 and 1963 )
- Canadian Group of Painters
- Royal Canadian Academy (1963)